Summer School of Czech, July 2017
The program offers:
- Courses of Czech at various levels (from elementary to advanced). The objective of the courses is to develop and enhance students‘ language skills in spoken as well as written Czech.
- A series of lectures. The lectures address three areas:
- Czech and Central European culture, history, art, and literature
- sociolinguistic and grammatical features of Czech
- teaching Czech as a second language.
- A series of (in-Prague as well out-of-Prague) fieldtrips. These represent an integral part of the program and serve to make students acquainted with cultural and historical aspects of the Czech Republic through an in situ experience. The fieldtrips are interconnected with the lectures.
- The program applies creative, multimedia, and interactive language teaching.
- The number of participants is limited to 30 students. That facilitates
- teaching in small groups,
- individual attention to students’ academic needs
- individual attention to students’ everyday needs in Prague.
Program dates: July 3 – July 27 2017
|July 3rd 2017, Mon||arrival|
|July 4th 2017, Tue||orientation|
|July 5th 2017, Wed||first day of classes|
|July 25th 2017, Tue||last day of classes|
|July 26th 2017, Wed||graduation ceremony end of the program|
|July 27th 2017, Thu||departure|
- Residential student fee is 27.000 CZK.
This covers tuition, teaching materials, accommodation, breakfast and lunch, excursions, and social events organised by the program, as well as the non-refundable deposit of 2.500 CZK.
- Non-residential student fee is 16.500 CZK.
This covers tuition, teaching materials, excursions, and social events organized by the program as well as the non-refundable deposit of 2.500 CZK.
The application fee is due at the same time as your application. The program fee has to reach our account no later than June 12th, 2017.
How to transfer the funds
bank account No.: 2121141001
bank code No.: 5500
IBAN CZ28 5500 0000 0021 2114 1001
How to apply
The application process consists of three easy steps.
- Fill out the electronic application form.
- Fill out an assessment test of your Czech.
- Pay the nonrefundable deposit of 2.500 CZK. This step will guarantee your spot on the program. The deposit is fully deductible from the program fee.
The application deadline is June 9th 2017. Do not put off applying as the number of spots is limited.
[contact-form-7 id=“1966″ title=“Přihláška Studia Bohemica“]
Leona Sedláčková, Lucie Sojková
Bítovská 5, Praha 4
tel.: +420 261 109 259/234