All foreign students have to deal with numerous tasks and AKCENT College support team is ready to provide the necessary support and guidance.
Before you become an AKCENT College student you will be able to take advantage of our support system:
- Individual session with a member of the AC support team regarding the entrance requirements to Czech higher education institutions/universities
- Preparatory language course in your area provided by our network of representatives and partners in various places in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
- Visa assistance, including booking an appointment at the Czech embassy in your area
- Assistance with obtaining health insurance necessary for entering the Schengen space
- Possibility to visit AKCENT International House Prague and AKCENT College during summer holidays
During the course of study the professional team of AC continues to provide support and guidance to the students. It is our aim to help the students with initial settling into the new environment and help them solve day-to-day problems so that they can easily adapt to living in a foreign country. It is our priority to make the students feel at home and happy so that they can focus on their studies and prepare for the entrance exams.
On arrival in Prague:
Each student is met at Prague airport or train station and given a welcome package, which contains:
- Czech SIM card enabling the students to immediately contact their relatives
- Map of Prague
- Contact details of all the members of AC support team
The student is also provided with:
- Transfer from the airport or railway station to the student accommodation
- Assistance with settling into the student accommodation, including explanation of the rules and regulations the dormitory has
During the first days of their stay the AC support team will provide:
- Assistance with the registration at the Foreign police of the CR
- Assistance with opening a bank account according to the student’s wish
- Assistance with getting the ISIC card and a Prague travel pass
The support team stays in contact with the students and is always ready to provide information on various other issues such as: exchanging the currency, opening hours of post offices, shopping centres, security measures, using public transport and social etiquette.
During the academic year:
Apart from regular subjects AC also organizes lectures and individual sessions concerning:
- Presentation of state and private universities and colleges in the Czech Republic and Germany
- Nostrification (validation) of the secondary school certificate and university diplomas gained at universities outside EU
- Thorough preparation for the nostrification (equivalency) examinations
- Applications to universities in the Czech Republic and Germany
- Entry requirements
- Student visas
- European integration and society
- European labour market
Each AKCENT College student enjoys individual attention.
- Counselling and professional psychologist services available
- Legal services provided if necessary
- Advice and support regarding medical care
- Assistance with obtaining study literature
- Open day visits to universities and colleges accompanied by a member of AC support team
- Online information about student attendance to lessons and their progress, available also to parents
- Visits to Prague theatres, museums and galleries
- Trips to Czech castles and other places of interest
- Student clubs
- Sports clubs
Many activities are organised in co-operation with Czech secondary schools and university clubs, enabling our students close contact with Czech native speakers.
AKCENT College team is looking forward to welcoming you.